Skypointer™ is an integral component of our UPRT training programs for airlines. It is not a stand-alone product.
The knowledge pertinent to Upset Prevention and Recovery Training is vital mitigating LOC-I. Through academics, UPRT can be made effective, and the skills can be retained over a longer period of time.
IDT has developed Skypointer™, the Upset Prevention and Recovery Training for the iPad. While based on the ICAO industry-standard Airplane Upset Prevention & Recovery Training Aid (AUPRTA), Skypointer™ also reviews relevant loss-of-control incidents and accidents, and includes practical knowledge for pilots on UPRT airmanship. Quizzes help pilots to test their knowledge. A separate module for instructors includes the UPRT training syllabi and briefing material.
Skypointer™ turns your iPad into a truly remarkable learning and instruction tool!
Skypointer™ iPad application is a multi-purpose digital platform for everything an airline or business jet operator needs regarding UPRT:
- causes of upsets and associated accident database
- aerodynamics and aircraft handling
- airmanship of UPRT
- UPRT training program briefings
- simulator training syllabi for all major airplane types
- concise overview of all applicable regulations
- quizzes in all learning modules
- final knowledge validation (test)
Skypointer™ is available for:
- Commercial Airliners
- Business Jets.